Thursday, September 30, 2010

For LK

I'm analytical.  I also find humour in some stuff.  I like to teach things that confused me at one point.  Preaching appeals in some ways - but the creativity of it is tough.  Sometimes I have a great anecdote that seems to fix the text so well - I can imagine people making the link between the text and this great example I have.  Sadly after hours of writing, checking email, reading Craiglist and getting a snack it hits me.  The sermon is not coming together because this great anecdote just doesn't fit anywhere.  I don't know how the creative part comes together.  Wanting to express something but not finding the right structure is frustrating.  Whether this is a talent or just takes practice I haven't decided.  I'm leaning towards that it is something one is born with.

No comments: